Halla

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassSorcerer
Gender & HeightMare, 16hh
Age & Season4 Spring ✿
Crystals 40  ✦
WriterKiwi, 6 posts
The hustle and bustle of the docks had been far too much for Halla. She knew very little of the common tongue and the abundance of fast talking individuals had begun to hurt her mind. Each time she passed by someone calling out to another it made her realize just how out of her element she was. And so she sought out the one place where she might feel at home. The forest. The wood and leaves would mend her soul, or at least she hoped. She knew walking among the trees might also bring back bad memories but Halla knew those moments of time were necessary. Without them she would be someone else entirely, though that did not mean she did not miss all that she had lost.

Stepping carefully through the forest, Halla could almost imagine the members of her clan stepping out from the shadows. The warm thread of fresh tears stung her eyes but she did not allow them to fall. The lady of the pale moon halted, ice blue eyes skirting across the area immediately around her. Her gaze fell upon a small clearing in the distance and with soft elegant steps she moved towards it. Her small ears pressed forward, silken tresses swaying to frame her swan neck and delicate face. Her tail trailed behind her, guided by the soft wind.

As she reached the clearing Halla let out a content sigh as the sun dappled through the branches to warm her back. Most of the canopy was covered up with tightly knit branches but here she could still feel the sun's warm embrace. She closed her eyes, basking in the feeling. The sunlight hit her coat just the right way, illuminating her in an almost ethereal way.

@[tagged]

ooc: still getting used to her i promise her posts will get better

translation
n/a

Mild power play allowed, ie touching and entering personal space.
@[Ra] 09-26-2019 @ 07:02 PM

Ra

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassBattle Magus
Gender & HeightMare, 22hh
Age & Season7 Summer ☀︎
Crystals 35  ✦
WriterMolly, 9 posts
RA

"Every time I close my eyes, I dream that you're still here. This is my nightmare."

With a drumming, rhythmic thud, the mare cantered through the trees. Her ebony frame, scarred and ruined by demons of the past, rippled with the powerful musculature that adorned her. No mane or tail fluttered like a banner at her spine, but cloth of a silken material hid the worst of the puckered callouses and made a mockery of her hair. Despite the cruelty seen in the scars of her pelt, the dame was the epitome of the words elegance and grace. Each press of her hooves to the Earth was purposeful, strong, a beautiful waltz that helped her move around the foliage like an exotic dancer. Her nostrils flarred, fogging the armor plate that hid the brand magically imbued into her flesh and even still it burned, the ankh seering her like the memories of death and blood and pain that haunted her both in slumber and in conscious time. This land was foreign to her, a patchwork of unknowns and yet... she found solace in it. So foreign, so different than any land she'd ever known, it gave her the smallest flicker of hope that life still existed beyond her ruined home.

Imhotep's voice chased her, whispering sweet nothings across her cortex like a phantom and a whinny soft but keening trickled from her vocals. It was her conscious taking the form of her beloved and while she knew he wasn't real... she could not let him go. Careening around the base of a large tree, the Earth before her split open, revealing a small clearing devoid of towering trees but filled with another equine. The ivory dame filled the small patch of sunlight and Ra forced her hooves to take the Earth for traction so she didn't run roughshod right over the top of the stranger. She skidded to a halt with an impressive amount of grace and towered over the tiny mare. "Alaietidhar , lm 'akun 'anwi 'an 'adhhalaka. Aghfir li aiqtiham baladi. (Apologies, I did not intend to startle you. Forgive my intrusion.)" The sacred tongue poured from her mouth in a soothing baritone that managed to almost bleed empathy. She dipped her skull in a visceral display of repentance and took a single step back, only now noticing the sorrow that beaded in the form of unshed tears near the corners of her eyes. "Hal 'ant bakhyr? (Are you alright?)" Gentle concern, subtle in its initiation but there, all the same, caused her aquamarine eyes to glow. She may not possess a crown or kingdom, but she would still offer council and aide, should it be warranted.

template by soupi

Halla
@[Halla] 09-26-2019 @ 08:17 PM

Halla

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassSorcerer
Age & Season4 Spring ✿
Crystals 40  ✦
WriterKiwi, 6 posts
The relative peace of the forest would not last, at least not for Halla. Just when she had begun to relax and allow the sun's warmth to calm her the sound of hooves tore her from her reverie. A soft snort forced its way from her pale nostrils as she turned sharply in the direction of the sound. Her heart thundered in her chest, though the fragile looking mare did not flee. As much as Halla would have liked to chalk it up to an unlikely surge of bravery, it was more than likely a deer in the headlights scenario. Halla's entire body went rigid, the only movement the soft tug of her long tresses around her thanks to the gentle breeze.

When Ra thundered into the clearing Halla's eyes went wide. The other mare was much larger than she and she was not at all prepared for such imagery. To call Halla closed off or naive would not have been an entirely incorrect thing to say. Halla's eyes were first drawn to the beautiful fabric that danced through the air but her gaze quickly relocated to the metal cage around her lower face. Was it...a muzzle? Halla wasn't entirely sure she wanted to find out.

Dirt flung up from planted hooves, bits of sod hitting the pale mare's ankle and snapping her from her face cage fixation. Halla breathed a soft sigh of relief as the mare came to a full stop, just in time to not run straight into Halla. The ground was distressed and torn. A necessary sacrifice, Halla supposed.

Slowly, Halla raised her eyes to meet the gaze of the much taller stranger. Pale blue eyes as wide as saucers trembled slightly with emotion. She was unable to place the other's foreign accent, even more so than all the talking she'd become overwhelmed by in the Bastion earlier. She remained quiet for a moment too long, suddenly furrowing her brow and looking away sheepishly. Even in her rather nerve induced state she knew that was rude.

"Ir abelas," she huffed softly, her voice soft and lilting. In her native tongue Halla's voice was like a sweet song, twirling and dancing just to grace the ear drum of all who would listen. "Tel unsulevas iritha su na." There was a sudden realization that if she did not understand the stranger, it was more than likely they did not understand her either. She furrowed her brow again, attempting to meet the strangers eyes as she tried to speak the common tongue. "I am...sorrowful...for...ah, staring." Halla tilted her head while a waterfall of silken hairs cascaded down the side of her swan-like neck.

Ra

ooc: good luck understanding eachother haha

translation
ir abelas - i am sorry
tel unsulevas iritha su na - i did not intend to stare at you

@[Ra] 09-29-2019 @ 12:03 PM

Ra

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassBattle Magus
Age & Season7 Summer ☀︎
Crystals 35  ✦
WriterMolly, 9 posts
RA

"Every time I close my eyes, I dream that you're still here. This is my nightmare."

Ra was a powerful, massive thing, even now when she teetered on the razors edge of being a touch too thin, the sheer size and potency of her thick mass made her a striking visage. She came to a halt with ease, maintaining the grace and poise that absorbed seamlessly into her countenance, but it was not without consequence. The Earth beneath her gave way and small flecks of dirt and debris were tossed up onto the ivory mare. Guilt settled somewhere in her center and she dipped her skull in silent apology as she quickly took a step back, giving the woman a touch of breathing room. She was big but she was not an uncultured brute and it was her own distraction that had left her oblivious to the horned mares presence in the first place so she'd do her best to atone for the sudden harsh proximity.

The reaction from the dainty stranger... did anything but alleviate that guilt. The smaller mare seemed nervous, anxious and as she shied away, Ra took a second, far more generous step back. Since the sacred tongue of her homeland had failed to impact this stranger, she would let her physicality voice her intent for her. Ra was a great many things but a harbinger of disruption and unease she would never be. Even still, the silence stretched between them both uncomfortable and heavy, Ra took it as a sign of dismissal even as the woman starred at the armor adorning her muzzle. She seemed stricken by her ghastly countenance and Ra took it as a sign of dismissing fear. The Egyptian was a second away from turning to trickle back into the woods, when the gentle mare spoke, her voice trickling into the ether... in a language Ra had never heard before.

Her long ears twitched, swinging animatedly as she tried to make sense of the lyrical poise but swiftly she felt dread pooling in her guts like a lead weight. If this was all they could speak, there would be no hope for either of them. Ra spoke English fairly well and she could dabble in one or two other languages but not enough to carry a conversation. Her withers twitched as her mind clicked through possible solutions, but then... the mare gifted her with English and Ra sighed softly. “Not necessary. I was lost in thought and my attention, broken. I'm sorry for startling you.” A low, baritone rumble that carried a subtle power. She'd been raised to speak with purpose, to make the words mean something. As a Pharoah, every word held weight, reactions and consequence. Better to be a silent enigma than a vocal fool. “My name is Ra, I take it you are not from here either?” Her voice was thickly accented and the words were slightly warped but there was a rhythmic elegance to her speech all the same.

template by soupi

Halla
@[Halla] 10-31-2019 @ 06:18 PM

Halla

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassSorcerer
Age & Season4 Spring ✿
Crystals 40  ✦
WriterKiwi, 6 posts
Halla pulled herself to her feet on narrow legs. Even such a simple motion was smooth and elegant like a trained dancer. There was something to be said of the mare who seemed so lost in this world. How had such an ethereal creature made her way here all by herself? How had she lasted so long knowing so little of their tongue? It was a mystery that would be left for another day...or maybe never answered. The dainty mare lifted her head, refocusing her gaze upon Ra. Even now it seemed as though she might simply disappear on the breeze. She listened intently, a smile flitting across her lips. It was clear that she was still on edge, though it was nothing personal against Ra. The muscles in her hindquarters were taught and she was more than prepared to flee if she had to. Perhaps she had more in common with her namesake than she even knew.

Her expression remained polite even when she struggled a bit translating the words in her head. A few blinks followed by a hesitant nod. "Sorry is for us both." She laughed lightly, her words coming out having an entirely different meaning in her head than it did in this tongue.

"Ra." She tested the name on her tongue a few times before turning to look around the immediate area. "From...here?" Halla shook her head, and looked up to the sky. "Not here. Not the same." She squinted lightly at the light above her. Was it even the same sun? Halla couldn't be sure. She sighed and turned back to Ra with a sadness in her eyes. "Gone." Her voice trailed off as a forced smile replaced what had once been real.

Ra 

@[Storyteller] 10-31-2019 @ 06:18 PM

Storyteller

RankFate
LevelVirtuoso
ClassEquine
Gender & HeightStallion, 10hh
Age & SeasonImmortal Spring ✿
Crystals 960  ✦
WriterNPC, 182 posts
[center]Aaah! Masked hooligans have jumped from the shadows and scared you! The next character to post is the victim.[/center]
@[Ra] 11-05-2019 @ 10:29 PM

Ra

RankPathfinder
LevelOne
ClassBattle Magus
Age & Season7 Summer ☀︎
Crystals 35  ✦
WriterMolly, 9 posts
RA

Every time I close my eyes, I dream that you're still here, this is my nightmare

They were opposites in every way, at least where physicality was concerned. Where the woman was lithe and brittle, Ra was muscle and presence, where the stranger was dainty with ethereal grace, Ra was hard poise and confidence. Ivory and onyx. They clashed in every conceivable way and even as the stranger seemed to prance, shifting her weight back and forth as though she fought the notion of flight, Ra remained still. While her eyes were far from hard or calloused, the rest of her was unyielding, a pillar of strength even as the weight of her failures cast her down. Still... it seemed there differences would not end there, the languages that poured from foreign tongue tangled uselessly but at least they seemed keen on knowing some manner of English. It was, perhaps, their only saving grace.

“Very well, then I accept if you do?” The Egyptian accent would forever warp the syllables, but they flowed from her in fluent ease. Ra was comfortable with herself, always had been and even though she could see the rigid tension in her counterpart, she was hardly offended. There were some in the Old Kingdom that shied at her presence no matter how much she insisted that such was unnecessary but she'd come to learn that such a countenance was simply the way of some personalities.

They exchanged pleasantries and Ra followed the vague explanation with a hint of empathy. It shimmered in her vibrant eyes and she closed them gently to conceal it. Too much loss. This world contained far too much loss. “My home is gone too, lost to chaos and cruelty.” A simple confession that was interrupted by a burst of something springing from the shrubbery. It startled the Egyptian mare but her gut response was no longer to flee... but to fight. Instinctively she reared, gossamer fabric billowing out around her like rippling phantoms as sharp hooves and powerful muscle defined the danger in her frame. The laughter quickly died, morphing into shrieks of fear before the masked offenders fled, vanishing back into the woods from whence they had come.

Her hooves touched down with a mighty thud, but her eyes scanned the trees, hunting for more usurpers. She would not stand idle if a true threat awaited them.

W C: 382
T A G: Halla
M U S E: 3/5
O O C: <3

Current time: 11-13-2019, 12:54 AM.