LevelTwo
ClassInfiltrator
Gender & HeightMare, 16.2hh
Age & Season4 Winter ❅
Crystals 480  ✦
WriterSoupi, 75 posts

Iracebeth

it's a new dawn, it's a new day

She realized quite quickly that it had been foolish of her to think she could handle the provisions gathering on her own. Here she had thought she'd return with them, but the overwhelming amount of furs, cloaks, tinder, timber, and food staggered Iracebeth... not that she wasn't already staggered with coming to terms that her condition wasn't temporary in the sense she'd previously considered. After departing from Viviana's warm and kind presence and setting up a caravan to bring the provisions to Kur ("Doya have the credentials to do so, ma'am?", Ma'am... she was ma'amed! "I do, I was sent by Kur's baron Andante." And that was the end of it), Iracebeth thought it best to return home as swiftly as her hooves could carry her. Thankfully enough, one of the dock workers pulled a cloak out with a furred ruff for her to keep her warm as she crossed the icy wastelands again.

It was nearly night when she finally managed to enter the tight ice caverns that funneled the Breakers into the massive, flat scape of blizzard winds and snow. The warm colors danced along the almost luminescent blue crystal water, refracting the shadowed depths within so that they appeared almost purple. Her gilt hooves, dusted with white powder, clacked on the slick surface. Winds howled through the crevice path, ripping away the echoing clack of her hoof falls as she slowly pushed the final lengths into the blinding sun. Squinting, she spilled out of the gaping maw of crushed, high ice and into the howling song of the barren snowlands.

Her lids blinked away the brightness of the sunset, vision adjusting to the lavender and periwinkle landscape of frozen water. Minor dunes of snow rose and fell with the constant gales as they whipped in from the still far off sea, and for a moment Iracebeth wondered if it had been foolish to trek back home midday rather than wait until morning. But the decision had already been made, her hooves had committed, and she apparently needed to keep not only her own health in mind but that of an unborn child's own.

A shiver ran down her spine despite the efficiency of the cloak. The furred ruff tickled her nape in the winds and the thick fabric snapped and whipped around her barrel and legs as it was swept to conform around her form. For a moment she was paralyzed again, her hooves extending invisible roots into the icefield as the crippling fear of her situation came back to her.

Pregnant, from a king - well, baron now, and their relationship in the throws of delicacy where they tip-toed around saying anything too strong less the feelings not be reciprocated fully. Sure, it was foolish. Of anyone, she knew Andante would never take advantage of her, cared deeply for her, and wouldn't have forced her into a situation she hadn't also agreed too. And, of course, her feelings were strong for him. While they had taken a plunge into a more intimate relationship, he was still her best friend and she trusted that bond to carry them for years to come. But inside her was a new life, one that the both of them were responsible for, and the realization still choked her. So she stood, legs shaking as she stared out into the sunset kissed tundra, white sheets of snow billowing on land and in the pastel sky,unable to move as her eyes stared out into what she could actually consider a beautiful horizon.

TAGGED: Andante, Ezera is welcome to I would think!
WC: enough
MUSE: 4/5
OOC: ...

@[Andante] 09-14-2019 @ 09:41 AM
Icebreaker

Andante

RankBaron
LevelFour
ClassBattle Magus
Gender & HeightStallion, 17.3hh
Age & Season3 Spring ✿
Crystals 770  ✦
WriterKagome, 132 posts
Everytime you try to forget who I am
I'll be right there to remind you again
Things were not completely settled within the biting sting of Kur's winter wasteland, however, they were making great progress towards it. What provisions they did have were being properly stowed away while the denizens of what was once tryggr began to carve out a home for themselves here. It was not the same as the steep mountainous range of their old home but he was sure that his people would endure, thrive and prosper here in what most would call hostile lands. The sound of a crackling fire popped and snapped by his side, filling the frozen room with a comfortable warmth and painting his dark hide in a hues of orange.

Quietly the young king, well...baron now, surveyed the open landscape from within his throne room. The thick albeit translucent frigid walls allowing him to gaze into the outside world. Sanguine eyes narrowed harshly as they swept across the icy plateaus. There he could see several bodies hauling carts and filled with various supplies needed for the castle and its inhabitants. Ever watchful over his people he counted them all. He knew that Iracebeth wanted to go with the provisions group ans assist with bringing some things back from the inner city of bastion. But when he did not immediately see her dark form and gilt horns among the returning group he felt his throat tighten.

It was no secret that he found himself closer to the gunmetal woman now. After the night they shared he found himself bolder in his attempts to court her. No longer did he find himself carefully dancing or tiptoeing around certain subjects. Although he still felt as if he should not push his luck, for the simple fact he did not know if it would be reciprocated. Being overly protective was one of those vices he tried to heavily restrain when around her. However, now he felt himself unable to contain it when he knew she should have been back by now. Blood red hooves clack against the ice carved flooring as he whipped about with purpose to put on his dire wolf cloak.

Clasping the metal adornments in place Andante made his way down the spiraling staircase and out into the snow and windswept lands of Kur. The frozen element billowed around him, tussling crimson hair and and dusting his cloven hooves in a fine white powder. Ears laid flat against the howl of the wind as he walked on quickly, eventually passing by those pulling their carts. Some offered soft smiles or noble dips of their heads while others greeted him with the old term "good evening, konge..." He responded to them all with a polite dip of his own visage before inquiring about  Iracebeth. Have any of you seen Iracebeth? She was apart of the provisions group.

One of his kingsmen lifted their head, the chestnut adorned in old tryggr armor proving himself to be Mortimer called allowed. "Aye konge, the lass is just several lengths behind us." Andante nodded his thanks before turning and heading north. But now more questions began to arise as he crested the incline of a small hill. Why was she not with the group? She wasn't injured was she? No. Mortimer would have said so. Maybe she doesn't like it here and so she's stalling to return... The hellhound thought to himself, brows knitting themselves together as he lifted his visage higher.

There in the pastel colors of sunset stood the gunmetal mare, stiff and unmoving. Sharp eyes regarding her carefully as he picked her over for injury, yet he found none. The thick collar of his cloak ruffled around his nape as he drew closer, parting his jaws to utter her name and beckon for her attention. Racey... He called softly, extending his visage so that he may caress the side of her own. Are you alright? You seem troubled.

Iracebeth

forsaken
@[Iracebeth] 09-23-2019 @ 07:55 PM

Iracebeth

RankIcebreaker
LevelTwo
ClassInfiltrator
Age & Season4 Winter ❅
Crystals 480  ✦
WriterSoupi, 75 posts

Iracebeth

While she watched the horizon, she didn't really. Though her eyes registered breaks in the sheets of white snow so that the great spires of ice dared peek through, she did realize it. Like many a time before, she both saw and did not see, staring through what lay before her than witnessing and registering it first hand. It seemed every time she panicked, every time any sort of doubt of fear crept into her heart, it pulled a veil that only she could see. It darkened her world, almost seemed to project her inner thoughts so that the real landscape of the living realm was lost, just as it was now. She thought of her mother, and how she'd raised her all without the help of a sire, she thought how her life would have been different even if her parents weren't together but both active in her life, and she considered again what if would have been like if she'd known her father either way - absence or none.

Although her mother may deny it, Iracebeth was sure that her sire had left her dam with invisible scars, the ones on the mind and not the body. Had parenthood scared him away? Was it Iracebeth's fault that her father never came around? Never in her hours of pitiful self-examination had she thought such a sour and defiling consideration - that she, the child, was what ruined everything. It made her gut twist, as if trying to wring itself of the mere mention, but the seed had already been sowed. How would Andante react? Would it push them apart like she (may have) had with her parents? Regardless, how would their lives change from the general idea - the very inkling - of becoming parents? Were they even prepared enough to help brood and raise a child their own? At times Iracebeth still felt wee and frail compared to those around her, didn't feel like she fully fleshed out the grown body she now inhabited. Now, more so than ever, her legs felt to long and her hair not long enough. Self doubt, self pity, and trepidation must have been painted brightly across her face for Andante to pick it up so quickly in the howling winds and wavering opacity of the snow.

She'd barely noticed his figure break through the oncoming flakes, but the utterance of her nickname jolted her from the dark pit she'd previously been spiraling. Silver tresses waved and danced in the eternal winds, and her treasure eyes snapped to him with a clarity found in startled prey. "Andante," she murmured to him, a poor greeting as she sounded as taken aback as she looked. More so, Iracebeth hadn't realized just how cold she'd become. His touch was like fire, soothing the icy bite on her skin with a hint of a sting. Their cloaks snapped in the wind and her own whipped at her striped hindquarters as if with the world reawakening around her Fate said, "yes, keep going, you've paused too long". But she could do no such thing. Pressing the side of her visage into his own, she felt the overwhelming anxiety return to her and her eyes began to sting with pools of tears. She was afraid to say anything, but knew she it would only prolong and intensify the storm within if she kept her recent discovery to herself.

"I'm pregnant." The words erupted from her di-colored lips in a choked whimper, but with heightened tempo, a hushed blurt rather than an anxious sob.

TAGGED: Andante
WC: 592
MUSE: 5/5

@[Andante] 09-29-2019 @ 12:03 PM
Icebreaker

Andante

RankBaron
LevelFour
ClassBattle Magus
Age & Season3 Spring ✿
Crystals 770  ✦
WriterKagome, 132 posts
They way she called his name, so soft an feeble caused his heart to quicken in its own right. She looked to panicked and terrified that it caused him to draw a step closer, feeling the urge to shield and protect her from whatever it might have been. He questioned himself again, his mind racing to figure out what could have happened to leave her looking in such a distraught state. Especially when she had been so eager to embark of the supply run to begin with. When she leaned against him to return his gentle touch he found his eyes closing half way. She did not seem too keen on sharing, and if that were the case then he would not push her any farther. So there they stood buffeted by piercing wind and snow until finally he heard her utter two words.

"I'm pregnant."

The words she spoke felt like a double barrel kick to the chest, causing his head to snap up and elevate itself as he looked down upon her. His stomach tightened and coiled, twisted and knotted as that simple statement seemed to echo over and over within his mind as if on repeat. Serpentine pupils dilated, widening the more her comment began to sink in. It became quite clear as to why she had been acting they way she had. But the tears? He could not understand why she might have been crying. Was there a possibility that she did not want the child? Was she afraid of what others might think or say?

Softly, Andante found himself releasing a breath he hardly realized he had been holding. The warm cloud eagerly snatched away by the whipping winds surrounding them both. Although the sudden news had been quite a shock to his system he did not want her to believe he thought negatively of the outcome. Something Andante needed to remedy quickly, considering he realized he had been doing noting but staring at her quietly for several long seconds. Iracebeth, look at me... He murmured, tipping his visage ever so slightly. Why are you crying? This is beautiful news.

Reaching forward with a telekinetic touch, Andante cupped both sides of the gunmetal fae's face, wiping away a single tear in the process. I know, we're up against a lot. Founding this kingdom, conquering this new world... His voice trailed off for a moment, shaking his head to and fro briefly. I do not see this child as a burden, but a blessing. And I will do everything in my power to ensure that I am a good father to them. He finished with a tender smile although his insides burned with flaming resolve. He would be a better father to the life she carried than his own father had been and a more loving parent than his mother.

Iracebeth

forsaken
@[Iracebeth] 10-06-2019 @ 07:21 PM

Iracebeth

RankIcebreaker
LevelTwo
ClassInfiltrator
Age & Season4 Winter ❅
Crystals 480  ✦
WriterSoupi, 75 posts

Iracebeth

How long of a time was there a pause? She wasn't sure, but when Andante snapped away to look at her she found herself leaning after him, eyes wide with terror. A million and one scenarios swept passed her eyes and none of them ended pleasantly. Immediately the voice inside her head started to scream that she'd gone and ruined it, ooooh, Racy baby, you've really fucked up this time, didn't you? It was so loud the welling tears pooled further, one fat, pregnant drop slipping down the side of her face. The track stung in the wind; she wondered if it had left a track of ice rather than moisture. Louder and louder the voice roared, ripping and tearing through any semblance of hope that tried to bubble up, any 'what if' situation she used to deny the overwhelming storm building in her skull. It hurt, it hurt behind her eyes that were already burning with tears. Lookit what you did, Racy, lookit what you did.

Her muzzle cracked open to try and convince him to come back, to try and piece herself back together so she could be whole for hime again but somehow the voices had grown so loud, so strong; they were nearly impossible to overcome. Everything inside crumbled and as it fell so too did her gaze until she was staring through his chest. The snaps of their cloaks and the howling winds seemed muted with invisible cotton in her harks, and for a moment her lids could only flicker as another tear rolled down her dark cheek.

"Iracebeth, look at me."

And she did, popping back up at attention and staring at him she felt the unseen pressure of telekinesis on her face, felt it flick away another full, pregnant tear as it fell. A plume of steam burst from her nares from her own breath she hadn't realized she'd kept captive as she stared at him. The words he said weren't lost to her, but she struggled to find any way to articulate herself. In the brutal cold of the dying sun's light all she felt was numb. The only sensation she felt was from the transparent touch and the warmth that came from his words, from his promises. The storm reeling inside tangled with a surge of emotion, and while the immediate fear of losing him was extinguished, she faltered still. This time her maw opened to try and say something, to give him an answer, but just trying to come up with an answer inspired new tears. "I-I-," she choked on her quickened breath. She had to calm herself down. If she continued on like this she might really cause the damage she thought she'd previously inflicted. "I..." she started again, pulling away from the touch as she glowered into the snow, more frustrated with herself than with him. Puffs of steely breath released rapidly from her nares but were torn away with the winds that threatened to drown out their voices.

Finally she was able to swallow, and while she knew it was impossible for words to get caught in her throat she suddenly felt the ability to speak. Suddenly her breaths evened and the fear, anxiety, and terror started to subside. "I..." her voice murmured, surely stolen by the winds. "I'm just scared." She finally said, lower than she'd intended but couldn't find the resolve for heightened volume. "I'm scared."

TAGGED: Andante
WC: 572

@[Andante] 10-13-2019 @ 01:23 PM
Icebreaker

Andante

RankBaron
LevelFour
ClassBattle Magus
Age & Season3 Spring ✿
Crystals 770  ✦
WriterKagome, 132 posts
She looked up at him and for a moment he had hoped that his words did not fall upon deaf ears. That his promises could have in some way eased her frantic mind. But the hellhound soon found his answer when he witnessed her pull back from his telekinetic touch. Icy cold and swirling snow eagerly took the place of where his invisible fingers once cupped her face, leaving him to withdraw the minor power with a small look of disappointment. He knew that words would never be enough, not in a situation as delicate as this. But they way she glowered at the snow between their hooves caused him to doubt his resolve.

Perhaps she really didn't want the child. Maybe he did not know her as well as he thought he might. She looked so upset and disgruntled that truthfully it shocked him to some degree. Everywhere he turned most were delighted to know that they were with child. He guessed that this would have been no different. Unless, she was upset with him. Was she mad at him? It is after all his fault that they were in the predicament they were in. He didn't even stop to think about the potential consequences that might have occurred after that night they spent together. But it was certainly here to slap him in the face now, and Iracebeth clearly was not pleased in the slightest.

A thick lump formed within the back of his throat as his ears flattened. Their newfound relationship just blossomed only months ago. The young bud still in its delicate, infantile stages. However, he did not want it to end all because of a critical mistake on his part. Salty tears threatened to gather along the rim of his serpentine eyes, forcing him to avert his gaze where the bite of kur's winds happened to be the strongest. Your fault. This is all your fault. His mind seemed to scream while the very real threat of losing her became deafeningly loud.

The repetitive stuttering coming from her lips only served to be another stab to his heart as he painstakingly awaited what her comment might have been. "I can't? I'm done? I think we're through?" Crimson eyes closed tightly to wish away what moisture collected there. He didn't want to lose her, he couldn't lose her. With an apology resting on his lips Andante turned his attention back to her. His gaze wet with adoration, fear, desperation and a whirlwind of other emotions. However, as he opened his mouth to beg her to stay she murmured two words. I'm scared.

And you have every right to be. I...I'm scared too. But I was even more terrified that- His speech cut abruptly to release a heavy sigh, shaking his head softly to keep his voice from cracking with raw emotion. That you might have left me because of it. Baby or no baby...I love you, and the fear of losing you is greater than any obstacle that may try to come between us.

Iracebeth

forsaken
@[Iracebeth] 10-21-2019 @ 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 @ 05:18 PM by Iracebeth.)

Iracebeth

RankIcebreaker
LevelTwo
ClassInfiltrator
Age & Season4 Winter ❅
Crystals 480  ✦
WriterSoupi, 75 posts

Iracebeth

Things were happening quickly now, the exact opposite of the previous problem. Her mind reeled in a storm of blame and fear that twisted around the flickers of hope inspired by his promises. As much as she'd fought to control herself, control the tempo of her breath or the onslaught of thoughts ricocheting around her head, there was only so much she could actually control. And at present, she felt every inch of it slipping from her grasp. Another rough, sunset wind tore across the open ice fields and her body shuddered in immediate response, lids slitting to protect her eyes from the lashing snow. Below her gaze she watched the flakes slither along the deep azure at their hooves, watched it dance along the marbled, white cracks running deep into the freeze below. With each passing second she knew she had to look up eventually, that she'd have to move eventually. It felt possible now, more possible than before, but still so hard.

Finally she looked up, partially ashamed of herself for being so upset and ever doubting him and frustrated that she'd let the - well, let's be honest, unknown - baggage of her life incline her to think that way. But she wasn't prepared for his own glossy eyes, how they watched her. The crimson seemed ready to shatter with the next billowing gale, and instinctively she took a step closer as if proximity may offer some sort of buffer. It was the last thing she'd need to witness to try and stave off her own tears, and another two dropped in tandem as she stared at him. "Andante, wha-" she croaked, but he burst with verbiage before she had the thought of how to continue or what to ask.

She listened, always a good listener, brow pinching to the slightest degree as he admitted very similar fears to her own; that she'd leave him just as she'd thought he'd leave her. But whatever crease came over her youthful face dissipated shortly after.

'I love you.'

For once in her life it was the pessimistic scenarios that rolled through her head. Rather, nothing really did, save for memories that she'd kept close to her heart. She recalled the rosy feeling after receiving the yellow hibiscus, as they slipped and slid through the swamps. She remembered what seemed an eon ago of untangling him from the vines of the colorful beach. More recently, she remembered galloping through the frozen West in a game of tag and felt the same phantom butterflies she'd felt then as he'd drawn close. More tears fell, slipping down the side of her face in an uncontrolled torrent as she gasp-laughed, a smile lifting the corners of her lips with such height it hurt. She felt more a fool now than before, her body buzzing and her skin prickling - surely with real static. It took a moment to stifle the aching grin, the nervous laugh she'd never really be able to control, and look back at him despite the string in her eyes. "I love you too," she admitted, softer than she intended as her voice broke beneath the weight of her surging emotions.

Another nervous laugh ripped through her lips and she had to look away, embarrassed by her own nervousness, ashamed she felt afraid at all with the support system of her family. Without warning she closed the gap between them, wrapping her nape around the side of his (she'd never be able to fully with their size difference) and pressing into him. The warmth stung and prickled the numbness of her pelt from the wind's bite, but slowly it melted away the metaphorical walls she'd been building all day as confusion and fear had spiraled her into a conical descent of madness. Iracebeth closed her eyes, willing the tears to please, please go away and said into the billow fur of his cloak. "I would never leave, I-I'm sorry if I made you think that I would." It took a moment for her to find any sort of confidence or resolve in her words, but slowly they came. "I'm... I'm scared, but not because of something you've done... I...", the strength trailed again. Her golden hooves pricked backwards with a crunch of snow, pulling her just far enough to press her forehead beneath the arching horn at the center of his.

Another sigh broke from her lips and released a plume of steam. "It's... It's something I'd need to talk about with my mom." Another crunch of snow and another step back let her look at him. Her face stung where the cold winds met the tracks of tears that had slid down her face but the encompassing fear seemed thwarted by the final admittance of their feelings. Another nervous giggle broke her lips as she tossed her gaze to the side, staring out at the deepening blue of Kur's landscape. "As-uh... As much as I'd like to keep this moment going... I - we need to tell her." It sounded better than I need my mom, that was for sure. Her body thrummed in anticipation, eager to explore the new life that would stem from everything found and said today, but she knew that things weren't over yet. There were still other things to say, and other things to potentially discover. With as much a smile as she could, she rose her visage to look expectantly back through the oncoming gales, then back to Andante.

"Mind escorting me?"

TAGGED: Andante, Ezera
WC: 919
OOC: figured we can head to kur and get mama ez in here???

@[Ezera] 11-05-2019 @ 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2019 @ 08:44 PM by Ezera.)

Ezera

RankIcebreaker
LevelTwo
ClassSorcerer
Gender & HeightMare, 18.1hh
Age & Season8 Winter ❅
Crystals 200  ✦
WriterAra, 57 posts

The dark unicorn moved as a shadow across the white that covered the ground. It wasn't as though she was trying to avoid everybody, more that the thoughts in her head kept her from really interacting at that moment. It was because of this that she stood outside of the warmth of the ice temple that had become their new home. The piercing wind did nothing to deter Ezera from her path through the snow. In all honesty she really didn't feel it, not in the way that would make her go seek warmth anyway. The sting was there but it wasn't high enough on the long list of things that were whirling around her head to be concerned for.

For the first time in a long time she actually wanted to seek out the edges of the ice for the sea that she knew raged nearby. The salty scent of it pushed into her nose with what seemed to be every other gust of wind, bringing with it a sense of peace. It startled her for a moment since before the smell would only bring memories of a lost love. The fact that the trigger was no longer there, that the thought of the beach only brought the calm that it used to, was overwhelming. Ezera didn't want to feel the hope that struggled to rise in her chest, the hope that one day the snow wouldn't send her heart racing a marathon or that she would be able to go back up into the mountains. Instead she shoved it all away and continued walking.

With the darkening sky she knew she would have to go back inside soon, if only to keep anyone from coming out to look for her. The steady stream of white from her muzzle only curled in the air for a moment before it was whisked away. The image reminded her of how she sometimes felt about her voice, or lack of one. It wasn't something she let herself feel often since there was nothing she could do about it. But with everything else that was going through her head it wasn't much of a surprise that it would come up. The wind taking away her breath mimicked the feeling of words living on her tongue but unable to roll off.

Ezera shook her head in frustration. That line of thought might have been better than the other but it still wasn't doing any good. Instead the mute stopped again a couple feet away from one of the entrances to her new home. It was weird to think of the icy tundra was such but really anywhere could be home with the right people and her people were here. Although it would take effort and awhile before she was able to really be relaxed, if it would ever happen. It'd be worth it if it ended up working out.

Iracebeth & Andante | -throws a mama Ez-

Current time: 11-13-2019, 12:48 AM.